CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

My Weight Loss

Sunday, July 31, 2011

It's THAT kind of weekend

Well, yesterday was my third day back on my program. I was feeling awesome. Then I realized we had been invited to a family fish fry. Now what was I going to do? Well the old me would have chalked that up as an excuse to eat bad ALL day. But I wasn't going to do that. I went through my day very well, even had a salad for lunch. We went to the fish fry and I drank a water first thing. But I was still hungry. When it was time to eat, I fixed my plate with fried catfish, huspuppies, cole slaw and potato salad. It was all very good! It's rare that we get to eat that kind of meal. I did make the choice to eat off the dessert table. It was all very good. I will spare you the details of what was on it, but like I said it was all very yummy. Beer and sweet tea were there for the taking but I drank diet coke. Overall, it wasn't the best day as far as eating goes, but the fish fry counted as my lunch, dinner, and snack.

Today, I got back on schedule. We are suppposed to meet our Life Group at the park this evening for a little cookout. We are going to have hotdogs and chips. It's going to be great because I have not been able to take the kids to the park all summer. It's been way too hot! I am looking forward to getting together with everyone. I haven't quite decided what I am going to do about eating. I might eat before I go or wait till I get back. Or I might just go ahead and eat a hotdog. The important thing is that I am going to go and be social. Life will always have temptations. I can't always hide inside the house, nor do I want to. Yeah, it's the weekend of social events and temptations, but it's all going to be ok! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment