CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

My Weight Loss

Monday, August 1, 2011

Hot and Bothered

It's the start of a new week, and coincidentally, the start of a new month. OK, I hate August, and if you live in the Southeast, you know why. It is by far the worst month of the year. The humidity is so bad it feels like the air is getting knocked out of you every time you step outside. It's ridiculous. The heat index has been insane this summer! Triple digits most days...What the heck?

I attempted to take the kids to Zumba tonight, because I needed to get back into an exercise routine. They let me stay a lot longer than I thought they would. But they are one and three. After, I went to McDonald's and got my daughter a happy meal. No, I didn't get anything. I have been doing too good to mess up. I know McDonald's french fries are so yummy...but temptations are all around all the time. Plus, it will not be my last trip to McDonald's.

I was able to get my husband to go to Wal-mart and pick up a few items. He's getting me some baby carrots. Going to try a recipe from a blog I follow (Losing for Good). It's a very good blog, and the recipe she had for carrot fries made my mouth salivate. So I hope I get to try those some time tomorrow. :)

Looks like August is going to be super busy for me. My son is getting his one year pictures done tomorrow by a friend from Life Group. I am so excited. I just hope he will cooperate long enough to take them. The kids and I are going to Tallahassee this weekend to visit my mom. My daughter and I both start school this month as well. With August here, it's also clear that football season is practically here. My husband is going to officiate this year. I'm excited he's doing something that he loves to do.

I'm so glad I can step back and appreciate everything in my life right now. There are so many times I just take everything for granted. I too often feel bothered by life. But God has blessed me with a great life, and I am going to be healthy and enjoy every minute of it!

1 comment:

  1. You will NOT be disappointed! BTW I made them again tonight, i'd just throw the baby carrots on the sheet tray, no need to cut them. Mmmm and they totally satisfied my late night snack craving (and since I didn't have any veg with dinner, it makes me feel better).

    I'm totally cheering for you for resisting McD's! I smell it when I'm driving and I'm always tempted. You're great!! Keep up the awesome work!! 140 here you come!

    ReplyDelete