CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

My Weight Loss

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Success, Disappointment, and a Girl's Night In

Sorry I wasn't on here yesterday, but I just felt that yesterday was very uneventful. Not real good blog material. Well, today was a little different.

Success

Yes! I finally made good carrot fries! Woo hoo! I left the baby carrots as they were (no cutting-advice from KateRN). I followed the rest of her recipe and had a very yummy snack Friday night. I even had some more for a snack today. :) I plan on trying a roasted broccoli recipe from No Thanks To Cake. She's got quite a few good looking recipes. Can't wait to get some more of the JC fajitas in so I can make that yummy looking quesadilla! :)


Disappointment

I was really looking forward to today. I had two birthday parties to take the kids to. We were not going to stay in today! Well...last Sunday when we got home, we had a friend of ours stop by with his baby, who was sick with a cold. Know where I am going with this? Well, my son had gotten sick. Well, yesterday my daughter started to sound sick as well. She was sneezing and coughing. We had open house at her school last night to meet her new teacher. She was playing and having a good time. I gave her some medicine last night before she went to bed. This morning, she was worse. She "feels" fine but she is definitely sick. She was sneezing and coughing even more and when she spoke, her voice was squeaking. So, it was going to be a fun day, but we had to stay at home instead. It was a real bummer. I didn't want to get other kids sick though.


A Girl's Night In

Tonight my husband had a guys night out planned. He doesn't get to have that often. Well, I decided that after I put my son to bed, that my daughter and I would have a little fun. I made a pallet on the floor, popped some popcorn, got out some candy, and we watched the Tinkerbell movie we bought her the other day. It was so much fun! We watched the movie twice! It's been such a long time since I have done something like that. I realized that I will cherish that forever. Once she's older, there are going to be fewer times I will have with her. She will want to do her own thing with her friends...not her boring mother. She has told me so much today that she loves me and I have gotten lots of hugs and kisses too! It's important not to take those things for granted. What is so amazing to me, is that she loves me unconditionally. She will do something wrong, and she will get in trouble, but she still manages to say that she loves me. That warms my heart. I hope that we will have a strong bond. I hope to have one with both my children. I am very blessed!

On another note...

My one year anniversary is approaching...the day I said I was sick of how I felt and looked, and I was going to do something about it. I called Jenny the first week of September last year. It's been the BEST thing for ME. I know that I could not have had this kind of success on my own...NO WAY, NO HOW! I am a different person than I was then. I am not to my goal. I could have been, but you know what? Life happens. I am on my way...

The end of October marks my 5 year wedding anniversary. My husband and I get to get away BY OURSELVES!!! And I told my JCC on Thursday that I hope I will have surpassed my goal by then, because we are going to the beach. It will be a little chilly, but I am going to get my "after" picture taken on the beach in a BIKINI! So I hope everyone will help cheer me on! I am really excited about it!

Anyway, I hope everyone is having a good weekend! Much love to everyone!


2 comments:

  1. I've gotta try those carrot fries! Hope your little ones feel better soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the quesadilla, and need to make it again soon!

    Question.... I bought a premium membership to JC and will hit a year, like you, in November. What do they do with us if we aren't done? Do we have to join again? Curious.... I have thirty pounds to lose by November 1. That's unlikely..

    ReplyDelete