CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

My Weight Loss

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Catching up on Tuesday

Hey everyone! It's hard to believe I haven't blogged since Thursday! :( That's sad. I was visiting my mom in Tallahassee and she doesn't have the Internet. I got on here last night and was going to blog. I had a good paragraph and was like...I really want to go to bed. So that's what I did...

Ok...time to catch everyone up...

My mom came Thursday and we packed up the kids and went to Tallahassee. Well, it would have been nice if my babies decided to take a nap on the 3 hour drive, but OH NO! That wasn't going to happen. My little man got so upset and wanted to get out of his carseat and cried most of the way. Then my daughter, who is 3, started acting up. It was just not a very pleasant ride. Everything was better when we got there. I put my little man down for a nap and Emma went to go play. I was able to unpack the car with ease. My mom's husband's kids wanted pizza so we ordered pizza. I decided to make a big salad and then had ONE slice of pizza! YAY ME!

On Friday, my mom took us to Wakulla Springs. If you have never swam in a spring...sorry...gotta check the pound cake...

Sorry about that...but I am baking a Paula Deen pound cake. My husband has a guy on his crew at work who has been out for a while. He is going to need a hip replacement and the doctor is even telling him that he won't be able to do his job anymore. They are beyond devestated right now. So I offered to make dinner and dessert for them. My husband and I are going over there tonight with the kids. They wouldn't accept the meal unless we ate with them. I will eat my baked ziti, and perhaps a small sliver of pound cake. It's so yummy!

Ok, back to catching up...

If you have never swam in a spring before it is COOOOLD! Almost like swimming in a pool of ice. Once the sun came out, it was worth going in. It has been way to HOOOOT lately! I can't hardly stand it. The kids had a BLAST! I was so excited to see them have so much fun! We were out there for a few hours before we packed it in. I had a sandwich for lunch on bread thins, with turkey and mustard. I did also have some snacks. That night we had filet mignon! YUM! Had steamed broccoli, english peas, and mashed potatoes on the side. I kind of gave up a little, because I never get mom's cooking anymore...so why not?

Saturday I went and met an old friend at Chick-fil-A. I haven't seen her in several years. We met each other's kids and caught up. Yes, we also had lunch. I had the chargrilled chicken sandwich with FRIES! OMGosh! But they were yummy and worth it considering I never eat at Chick-fil-A. Then we went to Newberri Yogurt...ok, this place was awesome! So much better than TCBY! Unfortunately, there is not a Newberri near me. :( After that, we departed. It was sad. I really miss my friend and wish we didn't live so far away from each other. That night we had breakfast...pancakes, cheese eggs, and bacon! Yeah...I ate it. It was good and I don't regret it. It was worth it to me. Everyone has to make their own decision when it comes to temptation. Most days, I do very well.

Sunday morning came and it was time to go home. The car drive was long again. The kids were fussy. It's just a long way for a 3 year old and 1 year old to travel. So, I don't blame them for being ill. I was glad to get home. Unpacked everything. We chilled out for a little bit and we had a thunderstorm. Then we went to our Life Group! I was so happy to get to go! I am so blessed to have such wonderful people in my life.

Yesterday, I went to get my oil changed...which turned into getting my tires rotated...which then turned into getting my brakes replaced because they were about to go! OUCH! Wasn't expecting that! Then I had to go to Wal-mart...nuff said! Made it home and started to clean up because someone wanted to come see the house this morning (we are trying to sell our house). Fed the kids kind of late, which put them getting their bath late, which in turn got them to bed late. It was after 8pm before my husband and I could make our dinner. I had the chicken pesto pasta with a salad and then a chocolate walnut brownie for dessert. So by the time I made it to the computer last night, I was really too tired to blog.

Today was really busy as well! I had to take my daughter to get her tooth bonded. She fell and chipped a big piece of it about a month ago. It looks like a whole tooth now! She was so good sitting still for that long! I am going to take her to Wal-mart and let her get a toy or a movie for being such a good patient. My pound cake is cooling and in a little bit I am going to make some baked ziti.

But for now, I am going to say goodbye...I still need to eat lunch. I think I will have a beef and cheddar slider. I hope everyone is doing well! :)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a great time! You splurged but you came right home and got back on plan! I am so glad you had a nice vacation with your mom! You are doing great and I'm happy to see you blogging again!

    ReplyDelete